Friday, January 31, 2014

Ocean



Ocean

I tried to remember the day I was born. According to my certificate of birth, it was on a Monday at 2 pm in the afternoon. I imagine, to me, it was a traumatic experience, life or death still in the balance, no guarantees at that age, susceptible and barely able to breath on my own.
I don’t remember it. I really don’t recall anything until around the age of five. knowing what I know now, I can see it’s been a series of instructions on how to survive properly after you’ve left the womb. I say, ‘survive properly’ because that means according to the rules laid down ahead of your ‘circle’ of life.
I’m not going into the ‘rules’ because we all know what they are and they differ somewhat according to our parent’s rules and upbringing. They’re imprinted by our parents, extending their own wealth of knowledge, or not, combined with the rules of ‘survival’ within society.
We make mistakes as all living things do, suffer corresponding punishments/adjustments in varying intensities, and life continues on.
We graduate from our training/school platforms with our degrees of study and matriculate out there in the main stream of life. But along with those accomplishments, have come more questions that almost always seem to lead back to that day in the hospital.
That day when I forced, or something forced me out into the shocking atmosphere of earth. You see, up until that time, all was provided for, nature was handling everything. I’m not taking anything away from my Mom, but let’s face it, she was hardwired to do what she did, and she played her part right until the ‘egg timer’ kicked me out on my own.
There is a circle, I thought. I lived within that circle, the circle of family, friends, school, daily occurrences etc…
That circle grew, but it always remained a circle because that’s what circles do, at least that’s what mine seemed to do. I knew my circle well and all that existed within it. I pushed it as far as I needed to in order to give myself enough room to feel comfortable. There were many days when I’d feel it close up around me, or at least I ‘felt’ that way. Those were the times when I felt the need to ‘push’ further out and increase my ‘familiar’ area.
My circle, was my world on top of the much larger, ‘earth circle’ or world. Out there, outside of my circle of familiarity, was where all the crazy things occurred. The scary things that other people in different countries had to live or die through.
My parents told me some stories about their own experiences within their circles and I listened to friends tell me their own, until one day, I realized that all our circles intersected each others’ and you wouldn’t really be able to tell the beginning or end of anyone else’s circle. For some reason this gave me some kind of personal license to just enjoy the luxuries of multiple circles. It reminded me of waves in the ocean. I could single out one wave/circle, but it was part of the whole of the ocean and it mirrored the entire picture. I began to drive myself crazy because all this information was ‘contradicted’ within the world/circle in which I lived.
School taught me all about separation and borders, people and their differences. I was ‘graded’ on things I never cared to even think about and then reprimanded for ‘failing’ to comply with the correct regurgitation of that information.
I was confused within my circle and sometimes because of this I’d feel my circle begin to get smaller and close in around me. It made me too aware that I was only a tiny circle within the universe and all I gave my attention to was of no significance within the dictates of those that controlled the bigger circle/earth we all lived upon.
The only thing that kept me hopeful was that no matter how bad things got within my circle, no one could stop the bigger, more important circle/earth and remove me, or tell me to get off. I began prove to myself the only thing that could cause me any pain or discomfort was, me. The earth kept spinning around and I kept breathing regardless of how bad I was told things would get for me.
I know, as we all do, that one day my body will cease to operate just as a tree loses its ‘green’ essence and remains in its place but at the same time gone. Where? Back to the same place/ocean from where it came. As the sun’s light reflects back to its source and back again, so goes that circle from the inside out. We came from that source to fill/activate a human existence/life upon this cell/circle/earth and will eventually return back and again. So knowing this, I began to understand that all the ‘drama/news’ and supposed consequence of life is only an experience of the individual amongst the whole of the ocean/wave and back again within the mirror. It’s yours and yours alone.
If that sounds confusing than think of something as simple as rain. It falls, it evaporates back to where it came from, and falls again, to infinity. The drops, our essence/soul, comprises the whole/universe/ocean/hologram, It is, we are, infinite, and all as important to the whole, as the individual to their own circle containing their experience.
The moral of the overall story then, would simply have to be just as Bill Hicks said: “Life is just a ride”. We can’t accept/deny anything within our own circles that we don’t invest our attention to. You do not have to invest/waste your time with anything you don’t care to. The controllers try to control your experience for that very reason.
They want our attention and energy separated from the whole of the ocean/power of the sun/light from where we came, and where we’ll return, regardless of any of the drama they try to inject within our individual circles. If one knows and believes all of this, then how can you fail within your own life? It’s impossible, because all that is connected to nature is in fact ‘possible,’ it brought you here didn’t it?
Peace. Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment